WELCOME!

We are so excited to share our Ethiopian adoption adventure, and our CRAZY lives with all of you! Our hope is that it will encourage you to step out in faith to do what God has called you to do! There are FIELDS of fatherless children waiting for someone to care for them, to love them, to tell them of JESUS' love for them...will YOU be the one??







Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dear Anonymous.....

I will respectfully try and clarify my position about adopting from Ethiopia.

I will in no way stop praying for the orphans there..for their right to a family. Yes, I want the corruption to stop!!!! Yes, I want the children to be protected!!! Yes, I want the families to stay together when that is possible and is their desire!!! I am NOT against better accountability, high standards of practice, etc. in the adoption process in ET....in case I gave that impression:). I don't NEED a baby so badly, and QUICKLY, that I would throw all ethics and morals out the window just to adopt him/her!!!

And maybe this is God's way of protecting the children, who are NOT true orphans, from trafficking.....maybe....not sure I can go that far yet. And I would not say adopting them(orphans) and giving them a family is "exploiting" them.

I do think that God is NOT pleased with those who lie and steal children from their families, and then place them for adoption...that IS a tactic of the enemy.

Ethiopia has a lot of work to do to protect it's children from such practices.

So, is a slow-down good? Yes...a SLOW-DOWN would probably be beneficial in order to weed out the corrupt agencies/orphanages, etc.... But, in my opinion, with 5 MILLION orphans there...even if they find every child that is NOT a true orphan and returned them to their families..they probably still wouldn't make a dent in that number. So, what's to become of the "true" orphans???? They languish and die in the streets, because of POVERTY, MALNUTRITION, and DISEASE!!! They can't defend themselves or help themselves and at this time, Ethiopia is unable to help them either...so my prayer will continue to be that those who ARE adoptable, will still be allowed to be adopted internationally WHILE they weed out the corruption...

So, is it a good idea for a family to start an adoption from ET right now...even if this latest hoopla(posted by an anti-adoption news group) passes???

I don't know...ask me in a week or so;)! I would definitely be super diligent in requesting proof of abandonment/relinquishment from our agency, that's for sure! And I would trust my GOD to choose a child for us that is truly in need of a family and hasn't been stolen,etc...

But, I just don't know......we will go where there is a need..and right now, Africa is on my heart!!! If God shuts the door to Ethiopia, then we'll pray about our next step(okay, already started this part;)).

And again, I ask for your prayers for the children, the government, and the families of Ethiopia. And for those who are already in the process of adopting...that they will be protected from being issued referrals that come from shady practices...that the government will act with wisdom and integrity for all the children waiting....

No comments:

Post a Comment