WELCOME!

We are so excited to share our Ethiopian adoption adventure, and our CRAZY lives with all of you! Our hope is that it will encourage you to step out in faith to do what God has called you to do! There are FIELDS of fatherless children waiting for someone to care for them, to love them, to tell them of JESUS' love for them...will YOU be the one??







Friday, February 3, 2012

The HEART of the Matter....

Ya'll I could use your prayers today....


It all began after Christmas....I would lie down to go to bed, and my heart would race and "skip" beats for about 10 minutes before it settled down.....

So when I went for my yearly check-up, they referred me to a cardiologist(seriously?!....I'm only 42!)....within the last month I have had 2 EKG's, an ECHO, a stress test, and lots of bloodwork....NO FUN....

I've been diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse, high cholesterol, and I'm on the borderline of becoming a diabetic....GREAT.....

Today I begin taking medication(WHICH I HATE TO DO!!...medicine and I don't mix...if there's a side effect, I'll have it) for the palpitations and next week meet with my primary care doc for the cholesterol issue....

Needless to say, I'm now on a diet and will begin an exercise program(LONG overdue) this weekend....

I was told I wouldn't have to be on the meds forever(probably just till I drop 30lbs!HA!)...so that's what I'm holding on to.

Would you please pray for me....that I would have NO side effects from the meds(I have six kids that I homeschool...just DO NOT have time for side effects), and that the Lord will enable me to stick with the program and drop the weight?! And that my kiddos will cooperate and LEAVE ME ALONE for 30 minutes so I CAN exercise!:) I've NEVER had ANY health problems and this is hard to swallow for me....GULP!

Besides....I've got a baby to go see in ETHIOPIA soon!!!;) So I have to be healthy!!! No referral yet...just sayin';)!


Thanks Bloggy Friends!!

1 comment: