WELCOME!

We are so excited to share our Ethiopian adoption adventure, and our CRAZY lives with all of you! Our hope is that it will encourage you to step out in faith to do what God has called you to do! There are FIELDS of fatherless children waiting for someone to care for them, to love them, to tell them of JESUS' love for them...will YOU be the one??







Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Questions..

O.k., I have to admit that instead of writing on our own blog, I've been searching other family's!! Trying to make contacts with others adopting from Bulgaria, etc. It's more fun!!

Not much to report here. The new family code goes into effect in Bulgaria on Oct. 1st, 2009, which hopefully is good news for all of us!! Lately I've been struggling with waiting...

At home, we're trying to get ready for school which begins next week...but I'm afraid not much is getting done!! I'm not working now, but somehow the days slip away without getting much accomplished!! I am usually a pretty good organizer, but I've been slacking lately....

Once again, it is so good to see so many families adopting from Bulgaria! I love watching your journeys unfold and will pray with you as you travel this road of faith!!

Renae

5 comments:

  1. I love the song, mighty to save! I am with you, it is so tempting to raise the age when you see the referrals of these kids coming through from Kay. Most of the boys have been older than 4 and we def. want a boy younger than 3 so we wait... Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too are adopting from Bulgaria. We're adopting 2 boys off the waiting child list and already have them "on hold" while we wait for our I-800A approval. If your heart is truely open to children with mild special needs there are so many girls on the list! I just saw several young girls that were on the newest list. Good luck in your search!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renae,
    Thanks for leaving a message on our blog. It is always great to connect with other people in similar situations. I think we all have questions and it seems there are no answers. My thoughts are just to stick together and share our thoughts. We are with AGCI. I have heard great things about TOL! Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such an emotional process! I always thought I would be one of those "BINGO, she's the one!". But I wasn't! I love them all and am drawn to waiting children over and over. But now my heart is at peace with our request for our girls! It took a while, but now whenever I look at other waiting children I am drawn to them, but they just don't seem like my girls. My girls look a certain way, and I have dreamt about them so many times, I almost forget I haven't met them yet!

    .... Like I said, so many STRONG emotions! We hvae found prayer to be the absolute only thing that really guides us in this process!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.K., I just have to say "I'm an idiot", because I didn't even know I had comments on my blog!! Thank you all so much for your comments and support!! I'll figure this blog thing out eventually:)!! God Bless you all!!

    Renae

    ReplyDelete