WELCOME!

We are so excited to share our Ethiopian adoption adventure, and our CRAZY lives with all of you! Our hope is that it will encourage you to step out in faith to do what God has called you to do! There are FIELDS of fatherless children waiting for someone to care for them, to love them, to tell them of JESUS' love for them...will YOU be the one??







Friday, October 30, 2009

Nothing New...

I wish I had something spectacular to post about our adoption...but I don't. We still don't know how it's all going to turn out, we've heard nothing from Bulgaria. I keep asking for updates, but I'm not sure there are any. I feel almost paralyzed by all this....waiting for the hammer to drop. I'm discouraged and frustrated, and not looking forward to another weekend of waiting...plus another week of waiting..plus, who knows.

I AM trying to keep us busy....it's just all over-shadowed by the "situation". I keep pouring over the Psalms of David in the Bible..trying to draw some strength from what he went through....but now I'm just tired...tired of waiting...tired of thinking, "What if "? I'm so impatient!! The thought of this little girl spending one more month in the orphanage than she has to is more than I can bear, yet we wait on.....

WOW! This is depressing!! I'm going to stop now!!

Renae

4 comments:

  1. I have a good idea of what you're feeling. We received Lili's referral when she was just over 1 month old. For the next 8 months we waited. We waited to see if her birth mother was going to change her mind; we waited to see if the Guatemala was going to approve our case; we waited on her paperwork. 9 1/2 months after receiving her referral we flew to Guatemala to pick her up. There are just so many unknowns along the path of adoption. You have to be strong to travel this journey and realize that even in those moments that you are feeling weak you are actually gaining a great deal of strength. You'll realize that when all is said and done so just hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there!! I am the most impatient person on the earth however, so I understand the misery you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting with you my friend!

    Man I wish someone could have explained well enough how agonizing this waiting business is! Of course, it most likely wouldn't have mattered! I would still be here waiting... and waiting... and waiting... and waiting.... and waiting infinity! ;)

    I am so sorry that it is especially hard today! Somedays are worse than others, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling discouraged today too! Have you seen the info out there about delays between trips now? It is on the Bulgarian yahoo group being talked about. I just want to scream! Why does this take sooo long. Let us know when you hear something, and know you aren't the only one waiting and God is ultimately in control not the governmental people, your daughter is out there waiting for you too.

    ReplyDelete