WELCOME!

We are so excited to share our Ethiopian adoption adventure, and our CRAZY lives with all of you! Our hope is that it will encourage you to step out in faith to do what God has called you to do! There are FIELDS of fatherless children waiting for someone to care for them, to love them, to tell them of JESUS' love for them...will YOU be the one??







Monday, December 13, 2010

"I Love You Mom, and Bonding"

You know I always knew that when Ava could speak more English, our struggles would lessen...and they are! A couple of weeks ago she said "I Love You, Mom", and gave me this giddy, silly, slightly embarrassed hug..but I knew she meant it, and so did I when I answered with, "I love you too, Ava."

It's all coming together...slowly but surely...but it IS!

As we have talked about adopting again, I don't want my relationship with her to get lost in the excitement/or anxiety of it all, so I will continue to update everyone about her:).

I also don't want to forget her birth country...I'm not sure what's in store for adoptions there...but it seems like the country is headed in a good direction, time will tell for sure. And although we will most likely not adopt from there(but, you know how this can all go;)), I want to still be involved in giving back to the children that are left behind.

I have heard of One Heart Bulgaria, but was so wrapped up in getting her home that I didn't do much with what I knew until now.

Below is a video and a link to their homepage. They have wonderful programs in many different orphanages across Bulgaria. I especially like the "Baba Program"...we all know how much these little ones need ATTENTION!

So, as we bring our little ones home...let's not forget the ones left behind..we can STILL make a difference!







Check out all they have to offer the little ones(and not so little ones)in BULGARIA!
http://www.oneheart-bg.org/programs.php

2 comments:

  1. They had the baba program at the orphanage my daughter lived. It was great to see all these "grannies" coming out of the building at lunch time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing journey you have been on, not just the process of adoption, but the process post-adoption.

    ReplyDelete