Hi my sweet bloggy friends!!! We are once again asking for your help in spreading the word about the situation in Ethiopia! Please consider signing this petition(it only takes one minute), then pass it on to all your friends:)! You DO NOT have to be adopting from Ethiopia in order to sign this! As adoptive parents, I hope we will stand together for the children, no matter where we are adopting from!
Thanks! Here's the link to the petition: http://www.gopetition.com/petition/43714.html
Five Things You Can do to Help!
1) Sign the petition to the Prime Minister of Ethiopia, Meles Zenawi – and pass it on!
2) Have you adopted from Ethiopia? Please send us up to 3 photos and 50 words or less with what you would like the Ministry to know about your child – we’ll compile the information and send a book to the Ministry of Woman’s, Children’s and Youth Affairs. Send your photos and stories by Sunday, March 12, 2011 to be included. Please note that sending photos and stories gives Joint Council unrestricted right to use the information you provide. UPDATE: we’ve received so many emails in support that our email server has crashed! We’ve set up an alternative email account – please start emailing your photos/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your amazing support!
3) Share…Please send this Call to Action to family members, other adoptive parents, and everyone you know! Post, forward and share your adoption stories via Facebook, Twitter, and blogs. Make sure you include us in your posts so we can all hear your stories! Here’s links to our pages: Facebook, Twitter and our blog.
4) Stay informed: Get up-to-date information regarding the situation in Ethiopia by signing up to receive information from us: click here to do so, make sure you choose “country and issues specific information” and “Ethiopia.” And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and our blog!
5) Help ensure our advocacy can continue: Joint Council is a non-profit and receives no government funding. Please join us in ensuring more children live in safe, permanent and loving families. Donate today!