WELCOME!

We are so excited to share our Ethiopian adoption adventure, and our CRAZY lives with all of you! Our hope is that it will encourage you to step out in faith to do what God has called you to do! There are FIELDS of fatherless children waiting for someone to care for them, to love them, to tell them of JESUS' love for them...will YOU be the one??







Monday, January 11, 2010

Counting The Days....(LITERALLY!)

We are excitedly counting the days until we see our little girl! I spent all weekend catching up on laundry and packing the kids clothes. They will be split between Grandma's house and my best friend Laura's....so far, I haven't freaked out too much about leaving them, although it is there in my mind waiting to surface at any moment!

Surprisingly, I am totally ready for this trip(almost)..usually I run around like a wild woman at the last minute trying to remember everything..I guess the week's not over though:)..

I do have fears though..beyond just the plane ride:)..what if the medicals don't match what we see? What if she screams bloody murder at the very sight of us? What if one of us gets sick while there? What if something happens to one of my kids back home? What if.....the list goes on and on.. But, we have friends and church family praying for us, for our kids, and for our visit with our sweet little girl...so, I think we're good to go, don't you?

If you had told me a year ago that we would be on our way to Bulgaria to adopt a daughter this year..I probably would've doubted that..we knew the wait for a healthy girl was at least 18 months...but I'm so glad God opened our hearts to this little girl...!! Her special need is SOOO mild, and I can't imagine NOT wanting her! I want her more than words can say:)! It's hard to love her while at the same time "holding back", because nothing is certain yet... You almost try to not feel anything...but, then we look at her picture...and the first words out of my husband's mouth are, "Aww, Daddy's little girl!"......let's just say, I melt all over the floor!

And to all still waiting, please hold on! God has a plan...and it's hardly ever OUR plan...but it's perfect, and beautiful, and right on time! I'm with you 100% in prayer and support anytime you need me!

Now, IS IT SATURDAY YET!!!!??????
(By the way, those of you who follow soontobemomof9...we get to travel on the same flight to Bulgaria!! Surely I can pick her out of the 200+ people on the plane;).

5 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck!!! How neat to have someone else on the plane also adopting from Bulgaria. I am sure you feel like you know her already from her blog!! I sure wish we were on the plane along side you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to travel at the same time as others AND to have a send off at the airport. I have arranged it so that I can be at the airport to meet you guys!!! Yay!!! I also did this for a friend who was leaving for Russia!! I was wonderful to welcome she and her little girl home too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I will be the one with the BIG CHEESY SMILE the WHOLE time! :)

    I am so ready for Saturday!!!! I can't sleep at night, and keep waking up every hour. I need to leave because my packing list keeps growing!

    Your little girl will be perfect for your family! Trust God, He knows already how wonderfully made she is for your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was crying reading your blog! So excited for you, and it is awesome you have someone else going over there the same time who know how you are feeling. Dont worry about tomorrow today has enough worries in itself. Be anxious for nothing, God will provide what you need at the exact moment you will need it my friend. Will pray for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are so encouraging, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete