WELCOME!

We are so excited to share our Ethiopian adoption adventure, and our CRAZY lives with all of you! Our hope is that it will encourage you to step out in faith to do what God has called you to do! There are FIELDS of fatherless children waiting for someone to care for them, to love them, to tell them of JESUS' love for them...will YOU be the one??







Friday, January 29, 2010

Home Sweet Home!

We've been home almost a week now, and somehow our trip seems like a dream...like it never really happened! Then I watch our video of our sweet little girl and I can almost smell the orphanage again(a funny combo of ham, potatoes, and mustiness)! I'm ready to go back NOW! But, again we wait........

We got our I800/I864W sent off yesterday(pray it gets into the proper hands) via Fed Ex..and we have local criminal checks to apostille on Monday..then off to TOL with those.. Then...we wait...oh my goodness, I HATE waiting! I have a hard time concentrating on anything else..you know, like homeschooling my kids, housework, cooking, Bible study...all essential things! I must admit, Bible study and spending time in prayer(although I have prayed a LOT) has been sorely lacking the past several weeks. I had planned to catch up while in Bulgaria....yeah, that didn't work... I feel very distant from God(although I am experiencing great blessings!)..and I need to reconnect! Please pray that I'll have the discipline necessary to put HIM first above all else!

What else....hmmm.... Oh yes, please continue to pray for the children of HAITI who are still experiencing lack of food and water and adequate shelter. Our church has a group of doctors and nurses their now, so I would appreciate your prayers for them as well. God IS bringing good out of this earthquake and I think it's been a wake up call to many churches about the plight of orphaned children...I wish it hadn't taken an earthquake...but I pray we heed the call to step up and be a church that obeys God in EVERY area, including caring for orphans! Two families in our church got to bring their children home from Haiti this week, and we are so excited to meet these precious little ones! HE IS MIGHTY TO SAVE!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you'll be reunited with your daughter quickly. Glad to hear about the families in your church with kids from Haiti. We have a family in our church who brought their daughter home as well. Their story will be aired on the Rachael Ray show on Feb. 3. We will continue to follow your story.

    ReplyDelete