WELCOME!

We are so excited to share our Ethiopian adoption adventure, and our CRAZY lives with all of you! Our hope is that it will encourage you to step out in faith to do what God has called you to do! There are FIELDS of fatherless children waiting for someone to care for them, to love them, to tell them of JESUS' love for them...will YOU be the one??







Tuesday, April 12, 2011

As of Today....

As of today....we're still waiting for our homestudy to be corrected and sent to IAN(our agency), and to us. Then it's off to USCIS for the I600A. It used to be that you could turn in your dossier WITHOUT the I600A...but not anymore:(...so a little nervous about how long that's going to take. And obviously anxious to get started!

I've been so calm about this adoption so far....with the first I was up till all hours doing the paperwork(and re-doing the paperwork), and was in a frenzy all day it seemed!

Now, I just wait....guess I've gotten better at waiting, huh? And better at paperwork;)!

And while I wait, we're finishing up our year of homeschooling(okay, not till May...but it's COMING!:)), we're taking field trips, and playing more outside as weather permits...danged Ohio weather...one day it's 75, then the next it's 45!

Two of the kids are waiting for their guinea pigs to come home for their 4-H projects, and some also start swimming and karate at the Y this week....did I mention we also have a new litter of kittens(that makes 10 cats at our house! SERIOUSLY?!?!?) Not IN our house...AT our house...I haven't lost ALL my senses yet!!;) Sooooo, that will be 10 cats, 2 guinea pigs, a dog....and 6 kids....okay, maybe I HAVE gone nutso!:) Did I mention that I'm somewhat of a "city girl"? Hmmmm...........

On the job front.....well, nothing much yet...but there are some opportunities on the horizon hopefully...so we wait and pray, knowing once again that He is faithful!

So with that, I'm going to leave you with a link to a website started by several families that adopted from Uganda. They are looking for sponsors for some of the families in Uganda(most with children with illnesses and needing medical attention) that they work with there.

Now, go and bless someone today in the name of Jesus!:)

http://awaka.org/sponsorships.html

No comments:

Post a Comment