WELCOME!

We are so excited to share our Ethiopian adoption adventure, and our CRAZY lives with all of you! Our hope is that it will encourage you to step out in faith to do what God has called you to do! There are FIELDS of fatherless children waiting for someone to care for them, to love them, to tell them of JESUS' love for them...will YOU be the one??







Saturday, August 25, 2012

From The Heart

Today I need to talk to you from my heart.... Mainly about what I expected to happen when I set foot in Ethiopia.

You see, I've been praying for some time about WHERE God wants to use our family to help the orphan...OTHER than adoption...cause let's face it...SO MANY will never be adopted....SO MANY need to hear that their lives matter to GOD...that they ARE precious..that they are NOT forgotten...that they have a purpose...

So, I prayed..."Lord, if you want us to BE(live) in Ethiopia and serve the orphans there....make it clear while we're there".  I expected to step off that plane in Addis and hear Him say, "This is it...you're home!"...but I didn't...  I also didn't have the culture shock I expected to have though...it was all very surreal..

And then the ONE day we were supposed to visit the children in the orphanage in Nazret, I was too sick to go....

I was SO sad....I NEEDED to GO!!  I NEEDED to hold them and tell them Jesus loves them...  I NEEDED them to know....!

And then I held the most precious 4 yr. old(ish) little girl at the transition home...she was SO quiet...  She walked up to my husband one day and just touched his leg...she didn't smile or try to talk to him...she just touched him.  I immediately scooped her up and began to sing "Jesus Loves YOU" to her and her face LIT UP!!!  She either recognized the tune, or something...because she didn't stop smiling!!  She melted my heart on the spot!!!  Thank you Jesus!  What a precious moment(a gift to me) to just whisper Truth to her heart, even if she couldn't understand the words...  PURE sweetness!!:) 

God has given me such a hunger to spread the gospel to/care for the orphan...and the uttermost parts of the world, and I don't know where or HOW it's going to happen...and it may still be in Ethiopia...or it may be elsewhere...  But I left there more determined than ever(although a little humbled...cause God's got His own timing/ways ya know;)) to be used!

I DON'T believe you have to move a million miles away and live in a hut to make a difference, because, man, I LOVE ELECTRICITY and clean water...and access to doctors....but I also don't want to hold those things so tightly that I hinder God's work in me...  I LIKE being there...TOUCHING them...HOLDING them...  It's hard for me to come home and feel like I can make a difference from here....although I KNOW many who do!!!!!!!!!!  We have 7 kids for heaven's sake!!  They are our FIRST mission field.... 

So, I keep praying...."Lord, we're here...ready to serve the orphan...ready to GO if necessary...send us!"..  And I guess we'll see where He leads:).











No comments:

Post a Comment