WELCOME!

We are so excited to share our Ethiopian adoption adventure, and our CRAZY lives with all of you! Our hope is that it will encourage you to step out in faith to do what God has called you to do! There are FIELDS of fatherless children waiting for someone to care for them, to love them, to tell them of JESUS' love for them...will YOU be the one??







Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Surrender

Today, no whining, I promise:). The recurring theme of the past couple of days has been "surrender"... This word is right up there with "submission" when it comes to difficulty in putting into practice. But it's what my God requires..surrender to His timeframe, His plan, His hopes for us.

So VERY, VERY difficult! I feel as though I'm giving up on my daughter...

But, I'm not...I won't give up interceding for her before the throne of a just and righteous God!! I won't give up hoping and praying for God to intervene NOW!!! I won't stop thinking about and loving her from an ocean away!!!

There is a balance to be had between surrendering to whatever God ordains for our family, and still believing that He is able and, many times, more than willing to answer our heart's cry for help! There is room for both!:) Delicate, difficult, balance.

My children are watching today...watching to see if I'm "thankful in all circumstances"...watching to see if I really do trust Jesus to bring our little girl home...watching me storm the gates of heaven on her behalf...watching to see if God really answers prayers...WATCHING!!!

And maybe today you are watching too, bloggy friends, to see if I'm going to trust the One who laid down His life to adopt ME...if I'm going to let Him be in control(when I want so much to do it myself)...watching me struggle with, what I've discovered, is my very teeny tiny faith...

So for today, I will rest in HIM(and His great love for me), wait for HIM(to move), pray for HIM(to intervene), and watch for HIM(to do what He does best..bring glory to Himself).

And tomorrow? I'll probably be back to obsessing about what's going on in our adoption...but hey, baby steps, right:)?

7 comments:

  1. Praying for you Renae. I know it isn't easy to wait but you are right. God's timing is perfect and it is beyond our understanding. Rest in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now how am I supposed to pout and sulk about after reading this???? Not sure if I should thank you for the "kick in the butt" or not. I had a day of major whining and pouting... sigh. Guess I had better go pray about it now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Renae~

    Continuing to pray for you. May you continue to walk in trust. It's so much more peaceful than worry. Take each thought captive, give it to Christ, focus on Him, obey Him in trusting Him, the only one (including ourselves) who can be trusted.

    Keep going...she's coming home.

    Blessings,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found carrot cake ice cream. Let the healing begin! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am continuing to pray for your family as you wait and surrender. I will keep praying and checking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are praying for you guys. I'm going to link to this post today in my blog. Praying diligently for your court date.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried to leave a message on your last post, but it wouldn't let me. anyway, wanted to let you know i prayed for you this am. Waiting is so hard, don't lose heart you are almost there. hugs

    ReplyDelete